It's always difficult to admit that you screwed up, made a mistake, totally disappointed yourself, your family, friends, etc. But I did. I had a little hiccup in my short journey so far. And it's taken me over a week to admit it. So here I am, admitting to everyone that I fell off the wagon. The good news? It's a new day and a great day to start over. Or to pick up from where I left off. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last, I'm sure. Weight loss has always been a struggle for me. It's in my genes, and in my jeans, but it's also in my head. I can't talk myself out of stupid decisions sometimes. What I really want to tell myself is, "Don't buy that Whopper with cheese, you'll regret it later". Instead, I say to myself, "Go ahead. It's not like you eat them every day." Except that I tell myself that at least once a week, which is 4 times a month too much. I'm not saying I should deny myself, but really, once a week? And of course that's not the only time I splurge and tell myself that I don't do it all the time. I'm lying to myself!!! When did that start? When will it end? I have to nip this in the bud right now! Nip it! Nip it in the bud! (My mother will know what I'm referring to). So, again, here I am admitting that I messed things up. But I'm not admitting defeat. Just vowing to get back on and keep riding. Wow, that wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Although this is in writing, not a speech given in front of everyone I know. Baby steps. So, here's to my first baby step this week:

The photo's a little blurry, but it's the best my friendly little BB can do for me. Wait until I get a new phone... I digress. Today's yummy concoction consists of vanilla soymilk (about 1/2 cup), strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, flax seed, and I added some Lite Hershey's syrup for sweetener.
Have a great Tuesday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment