Thursday, January 19, 2012

Best Purchase Ever

Many of my close friends know, and you soon will too, that I love shopping at Target. Someone once called it my "Mecca". LOL. I'm sure the same can be said for a lot of people, but I really do enjoy going there. Even if it is just to walk around. So one day last week, I was there for a few things and I was wandering around, weaving in and out of the aisles. Quick little secret - the end-caps of the aisles along the outer perimeter of the store almost always have clearance items/marked-downs. Once of these aforementioned end-caps had a shelf lined with little Hamilton Beach single-serving blenders in pretty colors, not on clearance but a really great price. I've attached a photo of the one I purchased. Isn't it pretty? I've really been coming up with some good ideas for this little guy. Today was my first attempt, loosely based on something my mom used to make, but with milk and ice cream. 1 large banana, 1 cup Silk Light Vanilla Soy milk, 2 Tbsp. Reduced Fat PB and I threw in some ice. I left the Hershey's syrup at home, but it didn't need it. All I can say is, YUM. And I'm not a huge fan of PB either. It's filling and delicious. Oh, I did forget to mention in my previous post that I will be following Weight Watcher's PointsPlus (PP) program online. If you follow, this smoothie comes in at an underwhelming 7 PP. This blender is perfect for storage in a desk drawer and it's super quiet, which I was a little bit concerned about, even though I was in the kitchen at work. Another great thing - the cord winds up in the groove at the bottom, so it's not dangling around, loose in my drawer. All in all, a great way to start the morning. Happy Thursday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment