Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Challenges are... well, Challenging

Funny how time slips by. It was my intention to post this last week (June 18th-ish)... Thank goodness for draft-saving. :)

Week 1 over. 4.8 pounds lost. And I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy. Those little speed-bumps, or challenges some people call them, crept up a lot. One such event - burgers on the grill for dinner. And they weren't just regular ground beef burgers. They were Angus beef with cheddar and bacon burgers. Now, if you know me well, you definitely know I despise bacon. But it was a better choice than my alternative at the time - Angus beef black and bleu burgers... and I hate bleu cheese more than anything else in the world. Almost. That being said, the burger was ah-may-zing. The worst part was, I was so tired when I got home, I didn't even care. I did, however, manage to make it work. No extra cheese on the burger, no mayo, and I added some tomato and lettuce to bulk it up. To be honest, I was full for the remainder of the evening. If I recall correctly, we had carrot fries too, which, I might add, are quite delicious and I really don't like cooked carrots. Among the more recent challenges - ice cream cake from Dairy Queen for my brother's birthday, going to dinner with a friend after work (always a challenge for me and most times I over-indulge) and any night I don't cook dinner, which has been more frequent lately. Shout out to my sister-in-law for not complaining! :) Best advice - plan ahead and fill up on fruits and veggies. I've found that when I do, I have less cravings for the bad stuff.

Week 2 down, 6 lbs total lost. I'll keep trying to jump over those speed-bumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment