Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two weeks!

I cannot believe it has been two weeks since I last posted. Shamefully, it's been more difficult than I expected to stay motivated. I keep telling myself that I need to stay on track, but it's so hard when there is a beautiful tray of bagels and cream cheese staring you in the face! At least I take a wheat bagel and low-fat cc. But still. I was told the other day by my friend that a nutritionist told her bagels are equal to 4 slices of toast! So why is it that I'm always still hungry after eating the entire bagel?



Anyway, here I am. Back on the beat.

For whatever reason, I am just now getting on the egg-in-a-mug bandwagon. Why haven't I done this sooner??? It is so much easier to clean up and tastes pretty good too! I haven't really noticed a difference in taste, except that in the mug, you don't need the butter or olive oil like you do in a frying pan. I give the mug a quick spray with PAM or Mazola, and then dump in the eggs or egg whites. Side notes - Cover up the mug, the eggs like to jump! ;) And, the yolks are what make the whole kitchen stinky. So if you plan on doing this at work, like I do, then I would advise an egg whites-only scramble. Which is quite delightful. But then again, I am an egg freak. I love eggs! Almost any way you cook them, sans the yolk unless it's runny, I'll eat them. :) So today's lunch, since I took the wheat bagel and low-fat cc this morning, consisted of 2 egg whites, 3 ultra-thin slices of oven roasted turkey breast torn into small pieces and a slice of reduced-fat sharp cheddar. Nuked it for 30 seconds, then another 30. The whites were still a little runny, so I threw it back in for another 20 seconds. Perfecto! And I made a smoothie to get my fruits in for the day. Blueberries and raspberries, 3/4 cup of vanilla Silk soy milk (yum!) and a strawberry Activia. I'm still full and it's been 2 hrs. I would post pics, but I ate it up too fast. Maybe tomorrow.

I can't tell you the last time I went to the gym. Well I can give you a rough idea, but I'll just say it was well before Christmas. I've been telling myself to pack up my gym bag and put it in my car. That way I'd have no excuse, especially since the gym is on my way home. Of course, now the issue is that I haven't even packed the bag! So tonight I plan on packing it up and at least putting it in the car. One more baby step. ;) In the meantime, the garage elevators have decided that I need to take the stairs. Every time I push the button, I stand there and wait. And wait. Then I finally get irritated and take the stairs. Elevators 1. Me 0. I guess in the long run, I'm the one that wins. But I HATE stairs. I'll walk anywhere and everywhere, but I hate taking the stairs.

Anyone celebrating Mardi Gras? AKA Fat Tuesday? If you have suggestions for "healthy" imbibing, please comment! We're having a pot-luck at work and I'd love to hear from you. :)



1 comment: